Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Ouch!







Well, at age 39.8 I am constantly fighting getting old. When the boys wanted to go sledding at Cascade Park yesterday I have to admit I thought "maybe your dad could take you...". I have always loved sledding but for some reason it seems like something I can pass on the older I get.

As soon as we arrived at the park, the boys jumped out and hit the hill without even looking back to see if I had gotten out of the van. I thought "awesome...they said they wanted me to go but maybe I'm off the hook". As I sat in the van answering e-mails on my blackberry I fought intense feelings of guilt. I swore I would never be one of "those" moms. Finally after about 20 minutes Taylor started heading to the van and said he was done...."WHAT? I haven't even gone down yet!!! (trying to sound all like the cool mom)." So as soon as Trevor made it up the hill I said, "let's race", Taylor on one sled and Trevor and I on the one pictured here.

It seemed like all was going well until I realized Trevor was dragging one foot on the ground which proceeded to spin us 180 degrees until we were going down backwards. No problem...I've done that before. What I didn't realize is that some IDIOT had left HALF OF A TRUCK BED LINER they were using to sled down the hill on right at the bottom of the hill.

What I have illustrated in the diagram here is what a normal girl might tatoo on her back (commenly known as a "tramp stamp"). On the other is my new tatoo!!!

I think I'll just accept growing old...

No comments:

Post a Comment