Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Kitty's Still Alive...











The van, not so much. I knew I should have gone back to bed today when I poured the coffee grounds into the Cuisenart before I put the basket in. 45 minutes later and a tablespoon of grounds in the bottom of my cup, I started to wake up.

I was going to spend the whole day enhancing Christen & Drew's wedding pics to post online when my sister called to let me know we better do her maternity pics. She was having strong contractions about 10 minutes apart. I fed the kitty, showered and met with a new bride. While fueling up the van (thankfully only a few gallons) I read a text from her that said to hurry up, the contractions were now 5 minutes apart. She even called to say she was in so much pain, never mind. She would just have George snap a quick shot so baby #3 doesn't feel cheated (like that won't happen anyway). I told her to just wait and I would be there in 10 minutes. We had a 3 minute session and flew out the door.


The nurse checked her, told her to walk the halls for an hour and she'd recheck her. She was 75% effaced and 2 cm dilated. NO LUCK! She said to go home where she's more comfortable and come back when she couldn't take it anymore. I think every pregnant women should experience that for at least one of their pregnancies. I did and it wasn't fun!


Anyhoo...on the way to the hospital my transmission started slipping and I knew I was in trouble. On the way home, I had to pull over and leave it in a church parking lot. I was just telling the boys the other day that I was going to drive that thing until the wheels fall off. Little did I know it would be the next day. After 190,000 miles and a 2 transmissions I think I should let it go...

Which brings me to tomorrow. I have no idea what it has in store for me but I'm hoping to either have a new baby niece, a new vehicle ($4,500 off MSRP), or Christen and Drew's pics posted online....oh and a much healthier kitty!!!
Hurry up Sophia, Evelyn or whatever your name is! I can't wait to see you!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment